Thursday, August 8, 2013

7th Thankful Thursday: Surprise Your Kids

Welcome back to my 7th edition of Thirteen Thankful Thursdays!


The look of excitement on my kid's faces gives me a feeling unlike any other. Grace is normally my strong, silent type but she'll cry over something that astounds her. She seriously cries happy tears when I do something to surprise her. Lily will cry sometimes but she loves to run up to me, give me the biggest hug and scream "I love you, Mommy!". Stephen is still grasping what excitement is but he likes to follow in Lily's footsteps and just scream.

I think surprising your kids not only reiterates to them how much they are loved, but it also gives them incredible memories of their childhood. Even though the girls are only 4, I hear all the time "Remember when we did this Mommy?". They love surprises and I love surprising them.

Sometimes I have things planned and just do not tell them, and sometimes I just fly by the seat of my pants. I like making everything out to be as exciting as possible. And why not? Why not surprise your kids with over the top activities or adventures every now and then? What if the memories I give them today are the only memories of me they will remember? So I need to make them good ones. Life is short, or haven't I already told you that?

This weekend, be thankful for your kids. And if you don't have kids- be thankful for the kids in the world. They are our future and a wickedly awesome childhood will make not only make their future great, but the worlds. So get out their a surprise a kid.



Don't forget!
Share your Thankful Thursday missions with me by hashtagging #thankfulthursday on Facebook (YES! FB has hashtags now!), Twitter or Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment